summer school - general information
Donate to the Summer SchoolOur annual Sufi Summer School celebrates the living tradition of Sufism, the path of the heart, through Dances of Universal Peace, Walking Meditation, Healing, Spiritual Music, Zikr (Remembrance), Art, Soulwork and Spiritual Psychology and more.
About the venue
Proitzer Mühle in North Germany, in the hills of
the nature reserve park of the Elbe river, surrounded by forests,
meadows and lakes. Proitzer Mühle is an old watermill, whose history
goes back to the 14th century. The buildings are on a 10 hectare
grounds and have been remodelled to a high standard, with a large,
wooden, sprung-floor dance space on which 200 people can dance. Full
transport details will be sent upon registration, and there will be
help for non-German speakers.
For more informationabout Proitzer Mühle, see: www.proitzer-muehle.de
Past Summer School Details:
- A gathering open to all seekers of the heart, of all religions or none…
- An open spiritual school offering tools for understanding and living life to the fullest…
- Offering an opportunity for Sufi students to deepen, year-by-year, in the full range of teachings through our lineage holders: Hazrat Inayat Khan, Hazrat Samuel L. Lewis and Hazrat Moineddin Jablonski…
- Celebrating the living tradition of Sufism, the path of the heart, through Dances of Universal Peace, Walking Meditation, Healing, Spiritual Music, Zikr (Remembrance), Art, Soulwork and Spiritual Psychology…
- Dedicated to the service of peace and for the benefit of all beings.
Spiritual practice provides, first and foremost, tools for life: work, relationships and self-understanding.
Our summer school offers the opportunity to experience comprehensively, year-by-year, the full range of teachings and practices that we have inherited from our spiritual lineage and which are being renewed and revisioned today.
We feel that the need of individuals and the world requires a more in-depth approach adapted to life today, rather than as it was 25, 50 or 150 years ago.
Because we have visitors from many different lands are our gathering, it is not possible for us to use the written esoteric lessons of Hazrat Inayat Khan, Hazrat Samuel Lewis or Hazrat Moineddin Jablonski in their traditional way. Instead, each class will illustrate the substance of these teachings with spiritual practice such as meditation, sacred movement, spiritual walk, and Dances of Universal Peace.
"Sufism is based on experiences and not on premises." --Murshid Samuel L. Lewis
Join us for song, dance, music and meditation with brothers and sisters from many lands as we celebrate the ages-old heritage of the path of love, harmony and beauty as it applies to life today!
Our summer school has a limited enrollment. We encourage you to register early. Registration opens 1st January.
Dates for future Summer School:
2021: 26 June to 3 July.
English-speaking contact for more information about our Summer School (Edmund Aziz Dixon)